Saturday, October 12, 2013

Random-Stamped Card with Burlap!




I was going to sit down to make my hubby an anniversary card, when I got side-tracked by a pile of papers on my desk! I ran across 4 sheets of text weight paper with matching envelopes, in varying colors of Kraft, which I had gotten from Kraft Outlet

I had no intention of ever using them as stationery, since all but one was too dark, in my opinion, for writing anything! So I decided to use the paper on cards instead. I've only completed 2 of the 4 cards, but I'm only going to share one of them here..... the first one turned out horrible less than I expected, LOL! Card finished size is 4" x 8.5":


click on photo to see it larger

I used the lightest paper here, called Buff Ivory. I random-stamped the front using the first and second generation stamping technique. I just used first generation on the corner of the envelope and at the bottom of the inside panel of the card. 

Below, you can see the inside of card.... (I don't know why the buff ivory paper looks so white in this photo. I took it right after the photo above... just moved the envelope and opened the card. Everything else was the same!)



I mounted the stamped papers on a brown cardstock base. Then I added the burlap and other embellishments to decorate, but left it blank... without sentiment. I can use this card for a number of different occasions, so I'll add the sentiment when I'm ready to use it :)




ITEMS USED:
Buff ivory paper and envelope; brown Baker's twine - KraftOutlet.com
Crocheted ribbon; Burlap ribbon; Sunset ink pad - CTMH
Stamp Set - Baroque Motifs - Stampin' Up!
Card base - Brown cardstock "Country Colors" - Fiskars
Scor-Tape
flower and button from my stash


Thanks for stopping by! :)
Paula



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card, Paula! Random stamping is so fun and makes for an interesting effect. It is one of my favorite techniques. Thanks for sharing your lovely card!

Crafting Vicky said...

I'm really liking how you have done the inside as well as the outside. The burlap really adds texture and interest to this. I'm really liking it.

I'm having a giveaway to celebrate the fact that I have reached 400 followers!!! WOW so if you want to enter it's here: http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...