Thursday, October 17, 2013

Meet Benjamin!

Even though it is technically October 17, I haven't been to bed yet, so for me it is still October 16, 2013, so I'm posting this really on Wednesday :) 

And what a special day it has been! Our second grandchild was born today! Meet Benjamin:


This is our son's first child, and what an excited and proud poppa he is! Momma is doing great, as well. :)

Benjamin was born at 8:11 AM. He weighed in at 8lbs 6ozs and is 20.5" long.... a hefty and handsome young man! I can't get over how small he looks compared to his Daddy's hand on his belly, but then again, our son is anything but a small man.... or even an average one, LOL!..... He's a big and brawny man at 6'7" tall and 300+ lbs! Although starting out, he was only 3ozs heavier than Benjamin and exactly the same length, so I think Benjamin just may follow in his Daddy's footsteps!

My hubby is over the moon at having a Grandson.... you know, that typical "guy" thing, with our only son having a boy, to carry on the family name and all. I'll never really understand that "need", and that's probably because I'm not a guy, so what does it matter?!!! Our granddaughter already has Grandpa wrapped around her little finger, just as her momma still does, LOL!!... Anyway....

Congratulations to our son and daughter-in-law on their new bundle of joy! :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...