Saturday, October 19, 2013

Anniversary Card for the Hubby



Today is our 33rd Anniversary!

I just wanted to share the card I made for my hubby.

Front View
I kept it very simple and masculine.
Just some embossing, distressing
and a simple sentiment
held on with eyelets and baker's twine!

This is a close-up of the distressing techniques...
I used a block sander to gently
sand off some of the outer green color
to expose the white core center of the
cardstock, after I had embossed it
AND I scraped the edges of the
green layer with my scissors.
So simple!

Inside of card

I can't take credit for the inside idea,
but I did do the math, LOL!

I saw this idea on Pinterest probably over
 a year ago, and thought I had pinned
it to one of my boards. I searched
for quite some time trying to find it
to give proper credit, but for the life of
me, I could not locate it.

I have over 125 boards on Pinterest
with almost 26,000 'pins'.... and
I looked on every board I thought I 
could possibly have pinned it to, but to no avail.
So, I either overlooked it or I didn't
pin it to begin with, so whoever I got 
this from.... thank you for the inspiration!


Supplies used:
Fiskars - Country Colors Cardstock - Kraft (for card base)
Close To My Heart (CTMH) - Colonial White & Garden Green Cardstock;                                                                    Chocolate Ink Pad 
Cuttlebug - Embossing Folder Leafy Branch
Stampin' Up! Word Window Punch - elongated... see how here.
MS Word - 8 different fonts for sentiments
Kraft Outlet - (online) Brown Baker's Twine
Scor-Tape
Extras: antique copper eyelets from my stash, sanding block and scissors,
             Cuttlebug Machine





1 comment:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I saw it on Create with TLC Show it off Sunday.
Happy Anniversary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...