Thursday, June 6, 2013

Card Making - Just the Basics - Matting & Layering

This is just a personal choice, but to me store bought cards are only good for one thing... some of the wonderful or funny sentiments on the inside! 

So you can tell, as far as for me, handmade cards are the way to go. Although I have seen some strikingly beautiful clean and simple handmade cards, which are great for mailing, most of the "flat" cards can be... well... let's just say "plain & ordinary!" I prefer cards that "stand out" from the crowd!

In the following video, Christina shows how to use mats and layers on your cards to make them go from boring to WOW!



Watch on YouTube: HERE


Did you notice how different the card looks once she was done with it, compared to the "flat" version at the beginning? Mats and layers, along with some dimensional foam tape at times, can make all the difference in the world!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Paula .. Fantastic Tutorial .Thank you so much for playing along in the Besties blog hop . I have some great news for you !!! You are the winner of my blog hop yay !! please can you email me your email addy so i can send you the Messy Bessy digi .
Hugs Caroline xx

cazspice@hotmail.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...