Saturday, August 13, 2011

HORRORS!!.... I can't believe it --- A Bribe!

As I said at the first of the month, I've been working on my own version of Tracey Mason's
wedding cake gift card box... just wanted to leave a brief update!

Well... I've finally finished the flowers and leaves (at least I "think" I have enough made
for the top and cascade!), but I have to attach them all to the cake. Also, I haven't even
started the matching card, so I still have a bit to go before I can post the results!

My BFF and CTMH consultant, Carol Nicholson, has challenged me to have it completed
by next weekend, and she is actually BRIBING me with a favorite treat of mine....
Peanut Butter Balls (they are covered in chocolate)!.... She has promised me 100 of these delightful little balls - packaged by 10 so I can easily freeze them and pull out a few at a time when needed. YEAH!  :) ..... but only IF I can get the cake finished by next Saturday!

And there is a downside to this (although Carol called it an "incentive"!).... She will deduct 25 PB Balls PER DAY that I'm late!!! Oh my! With everything else I have to do this week, including doctor and eye doctor appointments, I need to use every spare moment I have to get this done, just so I can ship it off to Susi in time, because the wedding is Sept 7! (and I'll also get the full 100 PB Balls! I do share them with my hubby.... he'll probably get one per package!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...