Saturday, April 9, 2016

My First Attempt at Bokeh


(click on photos to view larger images)

For my first attempt at the bokeh technique, I made an anniversary card for my BFF and her hubby in their favorite colors. (Don't ask me why his fave is black, because I don't know, LOL!)


I started with 2 Lindy's Stamp Gang's Starburst Sprays in a pink and an orange color. The photos do not show all the shimmery goodness of these two-toned shimmer sprays that I love so much!..... anyway... I let that totally dry before stenciling the circles in a white pigment ink, trying to make a variety in both size and opaque-ness.. (a new word, LOL!) of the circles.... I will definitely need more practice with that!!


After letting it dry overnight, I stamped the swallowtail butterfly in Versamark and heat-embossed it with a super-fine black EP.


I matted the bokeh panel on black cardstock, added some fancy black upholstery braid across the top and accented it with a silver metal swirl. 
Then added the entire thing to the card front with super strong Scor Tape.


Sentiment is stamped on the inside along with a second-generation image of the swallowtail... (I should have done 3rd generation, aka stamped-off twice, before stamping the card...hindsight is 20/20!)


I'll need more practice with this bokeh technique, but I do think it's so pretty. Thanks for coming to take a look :)


Supply List:
Stampin' Up Swallowtail Butterfly stamp
Lindy's Stamp Gang's Starburst Sprays - 2 colors
CTMH White Daisy pigment ink
CTMH ink - Cotton Candy
Versamark
super-fine black embossing powder
Scor Tape
braid trim and silver metal swirl from stash
sentiment stamp ??? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...