Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wedding Card

For my son's wedding, I made him and his new bride a card, of course!
I got the idea from a pin on Pinterest, and I think it turned out well.
Michelle's favorite color is pink, and her wedding colors were pink, yellow
and purple, so I made the card in those colors. I'm just glad they liked it!
But the photos came out a bit blurry... sorry :(


the front
(remember to click on any image to see it bigger)

The ribbon is actually keeping the card closed. I didn't want them to have
to untie and re-tie the bow, so it's a permanent bow with a magnet closure
underneath. It needed something to keep it closed, since it turned out so thick! See what I mean...



I even had to make a custom box for it....




This is the card open and standing (close-up photos are farther down):


and this is the back, both open and closed:



Here are some close-up shots of the front and back of the card:



As usual, I used a bunch of I Am Roses. All the colored
ones are painted with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Magical Mica's!
The white ones are the original colors as they came. 

Now these photos are from the inside of card.... first and second 'page'...


page 1 closeup

page 2 closeup


And then 'pages' 3 and 4....


page 3 closeup

page 4 closeup - (we tucked a check in the pocket behind the tag)

and the closeup of the tag:

I did the embedded-embossed technique on this tag, as well as
the hearts on page 1 and the hearts here on the back:


a closeup of hearts on the center back

Well, that's a lot of photos, and all of them were probably not necessary for this post, but I never know when to stop until I've run out of photos, LOL!! 

Thanks for stopping by.... have a great day! :)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...