Sunday, October 28, 2012

Anniversary Card for my Hubby!

I made an card for my hubby for our 32nd Anniversary earlier this month.
I saw a card on Pinterest, made by Lisa House using CTMH That's Amore paper (retired). I loved the design and thought it would work well with
CTMH Passages paper (which I love and is also retired). I also made 
my card quite a bit wider than the one I saw here.

Here's my version:

My hubby liked it and loved the buttons!
(CTMH buttons with Colonial White Waxy Flax as the threads)

I used Barn Red cardstock for the base and made
the sentiment in MS Word using the RGB codes
I had to match the Barn Red color. Then I inked all
the edges of all the pieces in Desert Sand
before assembling them together on the card.


A peek inside:

I used the RGB codes to match Olive for the inside print, except
for a big "I Love You", which I kept in Barn Red.
Then I printed it all out on Colonial White cardstock,
and trimmed for the shapes I needed.

After inking the edges of the inside pieces,
I first matted the Colonial White on Olive cardstock
and then on the same striped B&T patterned
paper as the one piece on the front.
But with the camera angle, or maybe a tiny
movement when taking this photo, the stripes
came out a little funny looking in the photo!
Oh well, you get the idea! :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...