Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Storage for Spellbinders and ALL Thin Metal Dies!

I am so excited to finally have found a solution to storing all my metal dies!!!

You know what jewel cases are, right? They're the hard plastic cases that hold CD's and they have what I call a "nubbin button" inside that fits in the center hole of the CD to hold it in place. Well, in case you don't already know, that "nubbin button" insert is removable, but it's a pain to do and if you're not extremely careful, you can break at least several fingernails! (you can guess how I know this, lol)

Well, there is a company online that sells King Size Jewel Cases without that insert in them... YAY! The cases are bigger than a normal CD one, about the height of a DVD case. I found out about these from Amazing Paper Grace - Becca Feeken's Blog. The company now also has pre-cut adhesive-backed magnet sheets that fit perfectly inside!

I must say that these are just wonderful... take a look:

Spellbinder Nestabilities

The links to these cases and magnet inserts are:

Cases: click here

Magnets: click here

When you attach the magnets to the inside of the cases, make sure they are in position correctly BEFORE you stick them down.... that adhesive is very strong, and where you put them is where they'll stay.... ain't no moving 'em... just sayin' :) !!!
The magnets hold the metal dies in position so well, and work with all the different thin metal die brands that I have! As you can see, I photographed these all standing up, and I even held them upside-down and shook them, but the dies stayed in place!

These next 3 photos are all still Spellbinders, but just the different 'lines' they carry.
Spellbinder Labels Twenty

the NEW Spellbinders  Majestic Elements

Spellbinder Shapeabilities


Here are some of the other metal die brands:

Poppystamp/Memory Box Dies

Memory Box Dies

My Favorite Things (MFT) Die-Namics

Cheery Lynn Dies (in a regular size CD case)



The magnet sheets cut easily, and since I had several regular size CD cases on hand, I purchased extra magnets and cut them to fit. You can see a few finished cases in this next photo:


Regular Size CD cases



AND.... these King Size cases can also hold cling-mount rubber stamps. I have a few of those as well, so I just ordered some of the cases for them and used them without the magnet inserts!

Cling-Mount Rubber Stamps


I know these cases can take up a little space, but since I already had an old CD/DVD bookshelf with adjustable shelves in my scrapbook room (that my sweet hubby had repainted to match my room), I was able to rearrange a little bit and clear off 3 of the shelves to accommodate my new storage cases. Each shelf can hold 23 of either size, regular or these King Size! I don't have anymore of the regular cases... I used all 23 I had... and I've already placed a second order for more of these King Size cases and magnet sheets!

I'll have 8 spare cases left when I'm done, so I guess that means I can only get 8 more sets of metal dies, right?.... Who am I kidding?.... I'll be clearing off another shelf on the CD/DVD bookshelf before too long, lol :)


2 comments:

Trinket Junkie said...

Nice thanks for sharing ;)

Krebsen said...

WOW ...... thats a great idea and nice way to store your dies.
I am still looking for the perfect idea to store my dies. This one would be perfect for me, but as I live in Denmark and we cant buy these king size here, I will still be looking for the perfect idea :-(

Have a nice day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...