Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sympathy Card

Some sad news for today...

My sister's best friend, Kathy, lost her battle with cancer on July 13th.
They were friends for 40 years!

I actually introduced them back in 1972! We were teenagers then, and had just moved to Dallas at the time. There were lots of kids living in the apartments we moved into, and I had met Kathy's younger sister first. Anyway.... I was in the hospital when she died, so I have just now finished the sympathy card for my dear sister.



I have been making anniversary cards with the retired CTMH paper set
Floral Impressions, and it seemed perfect for the sympathy card as well, since Kathy's favorite color was purple. I also decided to make it a
twisted-easel card. I hope my sister likes it, even though it's very late.
She was up at the hospital with me every day, despite her personal grief.... so I know she'll understand why it's late.


It's just so sad to lose a loved one.
Thanks for letting me share this with you all.


1 comment:

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Paula,
this is a fabulous card, love the colours and the darling butterflies.
Linda x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...