Sunday, May 5, 2013

Two-Toned Background Embossing Technique

I absolutely LOVE the Square Lattice embossing folder from Stampin' Up! I don't know exactly why, but it just "speaks" to me. In fact it was so loud, that I finally broke down and bought it, lol!

Then I ran across this technique video by Catherine Pooler, an SU consultant of course, who uses this unique embossing folder to achieve a two-toned inked and embossed effect on cardstock for the background of her cards. You'll see a couple of her samples in the video:



Click HERE to watch this on YouTube.



Isn't that a great technique? Love it!

Now you could do this same thing with ANY embossing folder and with ANY colors you choose, as well as ink the opposite side of the folder to have the colors reversed! ... *** NOTE: Clean your brayer and embossing folder with stamp cleaner or baby wipe immediately after embossing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...