I combined two video tutorials (I have saved here on my blog....
Twisted Easel Card and Ouad-Easel Card), and came up with this 6"x12" card!
These types of cards are demensional, not only when standing the easel up, but also when closed. Due to the "must have" bumped-up element that is attached to the bottom layer, which is needed for the easel to rest against when standing, a regular envelope is not always workable. A demensional Envelope Box is required in some cases. This particular card is especially deep when closed because of the roses.... almost an inch!
I think it turned out fairly well, except since it was 12" long, I couldn't make my own envelope box for it anyway, so I had to wrap it in tissue instead! LOL! :)
I made this in pink and black (their favorite colors) for my BFF and her hubby for their 36th Anniversary earlier this month... kind of a "His & Hers" thing. The lace borders were made with the Martha Stewart punch.
(Just a side note .... Remember, to see any photos LARGER,
just click on them as usual.)
Here's a close-up of the left side (Pink - Hers). On this side, I used paper from Basic Grey's Two Scoops set (I had this set in my stash):
This photo shows the easel back
And here is a close-up of the right side (Black - His). On this side, I used paper from CTMH Sweetheart set (the black polka-dotted paper -
now retired) and the "Love" sticker is from Basic Grey's Two Scoops:
This photo is also the easel's backside
I just used Herma Dotto tape on the top patterned papers. The center sentiment was printed in MS Word and was cut on my Cuttlebug with Spellbinders Nestabilties
Labels #6 dies, matted together and then popped up with dimensional pop-dots.
Here's a close-up of the center sentiment... see how the easels rest against it's edges on the back side?
Roses are painted with products from
Make sure you click on the photo above to see those awesome roses up close! Look how they sparkle... and the photo doesn't even do them justice!
I just LOVE the way these white mulberry roses (in 3 sizes) from
I Am Roses turned out! I used Starburst Sprays, in Midnight Rendesvous Raven and Pretty in the Pink Pink, Glitz Spritz in Scintillating Silver, and Magical Micas in Cotton Candy Pink, all from Lindy's Stamp Gang to paint them..... yes, I said PAINT.
I used a waterbrush, from a set from the same company, to paint the Magical Mica powder on the petals... just made a small nickel-sized puddle
of water on my Ranger non-stick craft sheet, then dipped the tip of
the damp brush into the mica powder pot to "grab" a little mica powder
and swirled it into my puddle of water. Mixed very well... then viola... paint!
And beautiful, sparkly paint at that!
Click on the photo below to see how the Cotton Candy Pink sparkles!
(Butterfly and Leaf punches from Martha Stewart)
It was so, so easy to do, that I decided to just spray the Starbursts colors on to my craft sheet, too! I added a little water from the waterbrush, mixed it up and painted the same way! With painting, I had much more control over exactly where the color went! And much LESS mess than if I had actually sprayed the flowers individually themselves, especially to cover all sides of each of the petals!
After the flowers had all dried, I found that the Cotton Candy Pink ones were much more "sparkly" than the other two colors, even though they did have some sparkle as well. That's the power of "Magical Micas"!... so I 'painted' the Scintillating Silver Glitz Spritz on the top of the petals in the same fashion. The Glitz Spritz's just give the glimmer and let the color shine through! The result was spectacular! I could not be more pleased with how they turned out. :)
See how this color just sparkles!
And remember... the sparkle is even better in person!
If you haven't tried these products yet, visit their online store and try them out. They even have some Sidekick Sets so you can try their different products!
Anyway... back to the card... here's some final close-up pictures:
I punched two buterflies for each of the three on the card. To get the dimension, I just glued their bodies together with a Quickie Glue pen, and also only glued the body on to the paper. After completely drying, I was then able to lift the layers of wings up to make them seem as if they were in flight! CTMH Bitty Sparkles make up their tiny butterfly bodies, and I used some rhinestone flourishes from my stash (I think I got them eons ago at Walmart) for the fluttering trails!
Well... that's all for the FIRST Double-Twisted Easel Card! Whew!... never thought I'd get this all posted! I'll be posting the "second" one as soon as I can, because I'm entering it into a Blog Challenge.... read more about that in the next post!
You should be able to see the SECOND Double-Twisted Easel Card here. At least you will after I get it posted! LOL! If the link works then my work is done!
If not... stayed tuned!.......