Monday, May 9, 2016

My BFF's Recycled Cards

Even though my BFF and I live in the same city, she sends me a few cards every year. I keep cards people send me for a very short time if they are store bought ones. I'll display them on the mantle for a week or two, then usually out they go!..... BUT...

(click on photos to view larger images)

If they are handmade - like the ones my BFF sends - then I keep and display them for a much longer period of time.... sometimes years!

When I run out of room, I have to make a decision about what to do with them. They are so special to me, that I can't bear to just throw them away, so I've decided to recycle them!

So I cut off the pretty decorated fronts and attach those to new card bases for a whole "new" card!! These are a few examples.

I just adore the one above using tone-on-tone Crumb Cake card stock and ink from Stampin' Up! Such a pretty flower stamp from that company as well, although I don't know what it's called. And the tiny butterflies with their bling bodies just completes the whole thing.



The one above was made from a card kit, with stickers and diecuts, that CTMH had years ago. I love the copper brads she added, and decided I could use it for a masculine card... nothing easier than that!





This last one she made me was a simple thank you card for an anniversary gift I gave her that included all the washi tapes she used on the card!

Since I'm so sentimental about her cards, now the test will be if I can actually mail them off to someone else, LOL!... Only time will tell....

Thanks for stopping by. Please come again :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...