Thursday, October 9, 2014

Another Anniversary Card

My nephew and his wife got married the day after my son's wedding, although it was a year later. I made this anniversary card for them:



This card is in CTMH White Daisy cardstock, so please forgive the photos... I got them slightly off in color, didn't I? Too many shadows, LOL, gave them a yellow tinge!

Anyway... the background of the focal area I made with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Starburst Spray, by spraying and then smearing it across the white cardstock with a scrap piece. I love these two-toned color sprays that sparkle, but you can not tell in the photo above just how sparkly the blues are. It even looks like a 3-tone color! 

Tried as I might, I could not get the camera to pick up all the sparkled areas of the card at the same time.... so frustrating! So I laid the card flat and tried that direction:



Now in this second photo, you can see SOME of the sparkle! And if you compare it to the one above, those sparkle areas are what looked like the third, really dark blue in that first photo.

Finally, I did a close-up and was rewarded with it picking up still more of the sparkle.... just not all of it... so I gave up, LOL!... I think you can get a pretty good idea from this one. All of the really dark blues in the photo are actually the bright sparkly blue you can see below at the top of the card:




Anyway.... I then stamped my silhouette image from Stampin' Up in Versamark, and heat-embossed it with fine white embossing powder.

I used Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle die to cut and emboss frame in another piece of cardstock. It's raised slightly above image with dimensional tape to give it some depth. Then the entire panel is also raised above the card base with same dimensional tape.

Thanks again for coming to look at my card. :)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...