Thursday, September 11, 2014

Housewarming Card

My daughter and her fiance just bought their first home together for their blended family.... along with the 25 acre farm it's attached to, LOL!



So I made this beautiful window card for the occasion. It's my first window card, and I really like how it turned out. 

I made it 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and popped up the window to create a little depth between the window, with its curtain valance, and the "wallpapered wall" 
of CTMH Bella stripes in the "room".
Here's a shot of the inside:




Writing is done in MS Word.... fonts used were 2 Peas High Tide and Leaf1. Of course the bird and 3-leaf are diecuts and the stripe I cut from the same Bella paper I used for the wallpaper on the front.

I also included some photo address labels and picture magnets as a small gift in their padded packet for mailing.... (small gift now because we already bought them a new bedroom set for their wedding!)

I used this photo of them all for the address labels, which say "Life is Beautiful" up in the sky area, with their name and address in the reflection on the water-covered beach. 


(photo credit: Mary Pam Sizemore)

I think she'll love them, as this was one of her favorite photos. I ordered them from Shutterfly, as well as the magnets, and they all turned out beautifully.


One magnet is a collage of some of their engagement photos:
(photo credit: Mary Pam Sizemore)

They have 3 girls between them, so one magnet is of them. I just love this photo and had one made for me, too!:
(photo credit: Mary Pam Sizemore)

(Just on a side note... our daughter stands 6'3" tall barefoot! And that toddler in the middle is hers. She's not even 2 years old yet in this photo, and her 2 new older sisters standing with her are 8 and almost 10 years old... but their mom is short, so it's understandable! But she'll outgrow them before long, LOL)


The final magnets are each 2x2.... the hearts and black lines are not really part of these break-away magnets. I just covered up ordering info that's printed in the middle and used the hearts to cover the girls names I had printed on them.


(photo credit: Mary Pam Sizemore)

They are all such cutie-pies!

Well thanks for stopping by for a few minutes to see my card. Have a great day! :)




CTMH products used:
Cardstock - Colonial White, Smokey Plum, Amethyst, Cocoa, Desert Sand,                       and Creme Brulee, Buttercup, Olive
Patterned Paper - Bella
Ink - Desert Sand 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...